Solstice Lane Solstice Lane

Squeal! Love the rhythm, love the percussion, love the synth. This sort of upbeat techno is my bread and butter.

Glad you like.

VHS intro VHS intro

Very retro and full of laid-back energy--for a new-wave electro beat, of course. Killer bass, lovely synth, and the wind-like sound effect was the icing on the cake.

AliceMako responds:

Believe it or not, these are all synths including the beat and that wind/woosh effect :3

Gloomlight Gloomlight

Love the consistently solid reverb and the melodic contrast! Bonus points for techno--it's one of my favorite genres. Keep it up!

AliceMako responds:

Glad you like, setting up the master chain for this one was quite a bit of work, and yeah convolution reverb <3

Wish Granted 2 Wish Granted 2

A bit slow, but it's got a solid beat. I do wish you did more with it, though. Not even regarding any melody or chords, just in terms of rhythm. Other than that, well done.

AliceMako responds:

Yeah this type of stuff is background music really, not that much going on.

Hillside orchard Hillside orchard

Love the beat, love the tone, love the melody! You've managed to combine your trademark industrial grit with cheerful, upbeat synth. I definitely wouldn't mind hearing some more of this!

Long time no see, thanks for dropping by :3

And yeah, you probably will cus i'm toying around with making more melodic content lately.

Boss Fight 2 Boss Fight 2

Before I could assess the pros and cons of this piece, I noticed that the intro immediately gave me chills, and the rest of the song doesn't disappoint. Solid bass and percussion, good use of fades and distortion, and a clear sense of atmosphere. Overall, excellent work.

AliceMako responds:

Glad you like, i'll probably end up posting more former project material as the year progresses.

Galvatron Galvatron

Very atmospheric! The only thing that made me raise an eyebrow was the polarizing tone shift at 00:22, which I think could have been handled more smoothly. Other than that, though, great work!

AliceMako responds:

Just vote five like a real person next time.

Antisocial Media Antisocial Media

Nice! I love the beat and overall feeling of this tune, as well as the fluidity of the sound mixing. 1:05-1:10 especially stands out in that regard, with its gorgeous melodic transition. Hope to see more like this!

Thanks for listening.

Tourbillon Tourbillon

Great rhythm! I especially loved the syncopated laser sounds in the background at the beginning of the song. There's definitely been some improvement in the instrumentation department since your previous song, but I wish there were more variety and I wasn't a fan of your transition at 1:45. Don't get me wrong, it could have worked well with the right background, but it seemed somewhat unfitting. Overall, an enjoyable piece! I wouldn't mind working out to something like this.

Glad you like.

The Nature of Empire The Nature of Empire

This one is really a mixed bag for me. Given your assortment of talents, I've come to expect more experimentation with sound and timbre than music progression and notes, so I'll be focusing my critique in the general area of sound engineering. You have a nice build during your introduction and kept a solid, captivating rhythm throughout the rest of the song, though the instrumentation of your intro was a little dull and could have used a more noticeable fade, maybe with a few gradually decreasing filters thrown in for good measure. Check out Touch Me Baby by Mr. Bronkz (one minute in, specifically in the background) or All In by Mana Bomb and Tspeiro (at the 15-second mark) on Youtube to see exactly what I mean.

Speaking of instrumentation, that was my biggest problem with this piece. Your rhythm was great, you clearly tried to incorporate some new background elements into the song, but good music should never, ever, under any circumstances, give me a headache. The grinding, screeching synth at 2:15 did exactly that. With this in mind, I do hope to see you try new things with synth and overall instrumentation.

AliceMako responds:

Sorry you had a bad time, thanks for listening.