Fleeing the Complex Fleeing the Complex

A nice follow-up to Infiltrating the Airship. You've clearly improved your skills and polished previously seen aspects of this series.

Pros:

I love the new location and characters. Working with the female convict was my favorite part of the game, and I hope to see her return in a future installment. I also loved the various references to other video games as well as to your own series.

Cons:

While I appreciated the appearance of both Charles and the Toppat Clan, their inclusion in the story removes some of the "fresh start" quality of these games. Thus far, every game in this series has been connected, but each new game begins with a clean slate, with no loose ends to tie up.

Lastly, I had some gripes with the voice acting, but that was minor in comparison to the following point: past games in this series, especially Escaping the Prison and Stealing the Diamond, could easily be beaten if the player thought strategically, with fairly straightforward sequences following each choice, but this game and the one before it has been less predictable with its consequences. Since this game requires strategy to beat it, I hope that future games focus more on the player figuring out the solution than randomly stumbling upon it.

Overall, this was a great game! Hope to see more.

PuffballsUnited responds:

It's hard to find a balance between fresh start and not. I like to be able to build up some characters, so it's nice to bring back characters from other games. People like Charles and the Toppat Clan and I wanted to do more with them.
I can def work on the voice acting though! I think that's where I need to improve the most. I'm not sure I agree with your point about logic either. TBH I've never thought about logic when deciding which options are correct or not.

Torture My Boyfriend Torture My Boyfriend

This is not a game. It's creative, it's morbidly amusing, but it's not a game. Not completely broken, per se, but it's got no substance.

Alien Hominid Alien Hominid

Fun, yet hard. The mooks were OK, but the grenade guy's barricade was too hard to jump over. Concept, levels, and bosses were fun and addicting. Even though I want the console version now, I wish the ending had been a bit more than an advertisement for that version. Overall, fun and addicting, but not much else.

Infiltrating the Airship Infiltrating the Airship

A marvelous return to form! I've always loved Henry Stickmin's adventures, and I'm glad to see that they've returned. I liked the story and the humor, especially with Charles communicating with Henry via the earpiece. I do think that there should have been more time to react during each selection screen, and I think some of the options should have made more sense (for example, when Henry gets shot during the Force Gun part and ricochets into the helicopter), but this series is all about funky and illogical occurrences, so I'll forgive you for that one. Overall, good work!

PuffballsUnited responds:

I thought that adding Charles was a good way to mix things up. Glad you liked it!

I wanna be the flash game I wanna be the flash game

I don't know exactly where to start, but I have many choice words prepared for you concerning this game. First of all, I enjoy playing difficult games--despite being bad at most of them--because the game itself seems to issue a challenge that I feel the need to accept, metaphorically speaking. Second of all, this game seems to be insufficiently programmed and tested, as there are multiple glitches e.g. flipping over repeatedly while riding the walls of the Gravity Factory and failing to double-jump for no apparent reason. As I understand that you have received multiple complaints concerning these issues, I shall not voice any more qualms where this topic is concerned.

However, besides the unintentional glitches, there are also some parts of the game simply intended to troll the viewers. Although I also find this amusing, I don't quite understand how the roof of a house could randomly fly towards our hero, why there are apples in space, or how someone could be crushed by a star the size of a walnut. I would like it if you could explain this to me.

Aside from the negatives, however, this game has multiple positives as well. I can see that you put a vast amount of effort into the concept of this game, as it has many puzzles and quirks that I enjoyed, e.g. the puzzle section in the spaceship and the Gravity Factory. Best of all, however, was the space level. Great music, great gameplay, great concept. Kudos to you!

Hedgehog Launch 2 Hedgehog Launch 2

An entertaining game.

I found it difficult at first, but now I just find it entertaining. The upgrades were a bit messy, but it was worth it. I hope you make more like this.

Abobo's Big Adventure Abobo's Big Adventure

Wow! I had so much fun playing this!

I loved this entire game so much. All the references to other NES characters were quite enjoyable. There were some tiny drawbacks, like the overused "just a dream" ending and the Zelda level, but the pros of this game far outweigh the cons. I never even knew who Abobo was before I played this game, and now I love him! Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for making such an entertaining game.

S.O.P.A. got fingered S.O.P.A. got fingered

I agree with this game's message!

Newgrounds is my life, and I won't let some stupid law demolish it! Go to americacensorship.org to protest against SOPA, like I did!

YKWTSII: Weegee's Revenge YKWTSII: Weegee's Revenge

This game is like a classic novel.

It's not very interesting and difficult to comprehend at the beginning, but it gets interesting and exciting at the end. I got all the achievements by using my secret strategy: press one arrow key when a toaster appears, then rapidly press the other. However, there are some ambiguous sections of the plot. If Weegee trained under Chuck Norris, why is Mr. T giving the instructions? Is Weegee fighting Malleo, a possessed Mario, or the heroic plumber himself? Where is Weegee's body? Please explain.

0ld5K00l responds:

Chuck Norris gave Weegee the potential. However it's up to YOU, the player, to help Weegee stand victorious. Mr.T is there for the player and not Weegee. =)

Weegee is fighting the bad pun-possessed Mario and his accomplice the King.

Stealing the Diamond Stealing the Diamond

Very addictive!

I've played this about twenty times, and the game never gets boring!

Wow really?